Welcome on MasterOf13FPS! MasterOf13FPS

Register today or sign up if you are already a member and never miss any cool content again :)

Dropshadow

Neemo

Reaction score
Hey,
I have lately tried to understand and learn a bit how a GLSL Shader and therefor the most Popular a Shader Background and Outline Shader Works.
After I tried out those things a bit now and I think I understand GLSL Shaders quite well, I stumbled upon the Problem of making a Dropshadow Shader for Text or other things, which is why I would like to ask you, if you would have any Tips or something on how to make such a Shader

I'm not really sure if this is what you want but this site was quite helpful to me to put a glow/shadow around objects. Basically you just have to separate the "glow" that bloom puts around objects to make them more realistic.
With kind regards,
Phantom

I'm not really sure if this is what you want but this site was quite helpful to me to put a glow/shadow around objects. Basically you just have to separate the "glow" that bloom puts around objects to make them more realistic.
With kind regards,
Phantom
Thanks for the Idea but I doubt that this will work as it is intended for 3D Objects, I on the other Hand want it for Texts to use it on for Example an ArrayList or HUD.

Here is a basic Idea of Dropshadow for Texts
text-shadow.png

This also works for 2D things like text, etc.

You can get a text as you sent it by blurring the text in the color of the shadow and then rendering the actual text on top of it

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back